A National Identification Card is a card that one acquires once he or she has attained 18years of age and above . It is necessary in Kenya since it’s required in all government drawings and activities. It also proves one is a Kenyan citizen . The Kenya National Registration Bureau is in charge of issuing and registering of the ID cards . If lost one can always replace the card . Replacement of any lost ID card can be done at the bureau offices which are usually located within respective county commissioners offices or chiefs camp of the respective location.
Lost ID cards can also be replaced at any Huduma centre in the country . A Huduma centre is recommended in replacing IDs since it has all government services under one roof . This article will focus on how to replace a lost ID at any Huduma centre across the country.
The steps include ;
- Walk into any Huduma centre near you.
- Once you inform them that you want to replace your lost ID, you will be directed to acquire a police abstract from the police desk in the Huduma centre
- Once you acquire it , you present the abstract at the registration desk.
- You will then make a payment of Ksh 100 . This is a fee charged for processing a new ID. A receipt will be issued after the payment.
- An ID replacement form will be given to you and you are required to fill in the correct details.
- Then you proceed to the biometric desk whereby your biometric information will be taken for verification purposes . This biometric information is your fingerprints and passport size photograph.
- A waiting card will be offered to you once your biometric information is recorded in their database. You will use the waiting card temporarily as you wait for your ID to be processed which will take about 10 working days .
- After the 10 working days are over , you will present your waiting card at the same Huduma centre so as to collect your new ID.
It is also important to note that Huduma centers only offer replacement of lost ID cards and any application of an ignition IF is done at the National Registration Bureau offices .