Founded in 1966, The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) was found as a state parastatal in Kenya. It’s main goal is long-term provision of affordable and accessible medical coverage.
Employees in the formal sector are mandated to have membership of the National Health Insurance Fund ,that is all civil servants. The unemployed, self employed and the non- civil servants can have membership by registering with NHIF and are supposed to pay 500 per month.
Membership registration can be done online through the NHIF portal . The portal is an online platform that has the provision of accessing all services offered by NHIF.
Upon successful registration ,one is offered with a NHIF membership card . The membership card is processed and available for picking up after after 14 working days at the assigned NHIF office or Huduma centre near you.
Sometimes one can lose the membership card and there’s a provision to replace it if lost. One can replace the card easily by visiting any Huduma centre or NHIF office near him/her. One simply visits the nearest Huduma centre or NHIF office as there are many in the country.
Replacing A Lost NHIF Card.
There are requirements for replacement which are necessary that is , your photocopy of National Identification card and a fee of Kshs. 100.
The steps of paying the Ksh .100 include ;
- Visit any Equity bank ,National bank or Co-operative bank branches and successfully make a payment of Ksh . 100. This is the cost of replacement of a lost NHIF card.
- Inform the bank teller that the payment is for replacement of a NHIF card .
- A bank slip will be offered after the payment is successful.
- Walk into any NHIF branch or Huduma centre branch with the banking slip of the payment.
- By presenting the banking slip, a new card is printed for you instantly.
These are the simple steps involving replacement of a lost NHIF card in 2022.